$10,000 Up For Grabs For Most Interesting Content Creator Case Studies!
from the case-study-contest dept
You can click the link above for the official details, or you can look at the three examples we mentioned in the announcement post:
- Amanda Palmer discussing her recent experiences with Kickstarter in funding a new project in conjunction with her husband, Neil Gaiman.
- Or, check out Andy Richards of the indie band Uniform Motion (who we've written about a few times, discussing how his transparency about their revenue may have given fans additional reasons to buy, complete with detailed stats about how his transparency resulted in traffic and sales.
- Or you can jump over to Zoe Keating's discussion over the question of whether or not doing art for purely strategic reasons is evil... while she also shares a bit of the secret of her success.
The kinds of case studies we'd love to see:
- Done an interesting/different/unique promotion? Tell us about it and share the results in as much detail as possible
- Tried an email marketing campaign? What worked and what didn't? Any key metrics?
- Attempted crowdfunding? How did you set the rewards? What did people like/not like?
- Used new or different platforms or technologies? What kind of results did you see? What could be improved?
- Attempted something different -- like a house concert tour? ebook-only release? letting fans take part? releasing unfinished works? What worked, what didn't, what did you learn?
- Experimented with "name your own price?" How did it work? What prices worked well? What efforts did you make to trigger certain price points?
- Set up a tiered pricing model? How did you choose the tiers? What worked? What did you learn?
- How are you connecting with fans? Facebook, Twitter, Podcasts? Google Plus? What works, what doesn't? What really seems to energize fans? What doesn't? Any empirical data that shows how your fans reacted?
- Surprise us!
If you're not a content creator who qualifies, please consider entering the fan contest, but also alert your favorite content creators in the qualifying categories that they should enter!
We're looking forward to learning about all the great and interesting experiments, success stories and lessons learned.