by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 28th 2008 5:01pm
While the US gov't clearly overplayed its claims that Gary McKinnon was the "world's biggest hacker" after having him arrested for breaking into US military computers, that doesn't mean that McKinnon hasn't overreacted back in response. The US offered him a plea bargain deal that seemed fairly reasonable, given what he did -- and he flipped out about it. Now he's lost his latest appeal against extradition, and it looks like he may finally get sent to the US in the next few weeks to stand trial, for breaking into US military computers, supposedly while high and looking for info on alien encounters.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Government Refuses To Reveal Job Title Or Salary Of Top Law Enforcement Officer Because Terrorism
- UK Government Can Now Hand Out Two-Year Sentences For Revenge Porn, Online Trolling
- Teen Changes Wallpaper On Teacher's Computer; Gets Charged With A Felony By Sheriff's Office
- Fighting Toddler 'Porn Addiction,' UK Lawmakers Demand Porn Sites Include Age Checks Or Face Closure
- UK School District To Report On Parents Allowing Kids To Play More Mature Video Games