by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 28th 2008 5:01pm
While the US gov't clearly overplayed its claims that Gary McKinnon was the "world's biggest hacker" after having him arrested for breaking into US military computers, that doesn't mean that McKinnon hasn't overreacted back in response. The US offered him a plea bargain deal that seemed fairly reasonable, given what he did -- and he flipped out about it. Now he's lost his latest appeal against extradition, and it looks like he may finally get sent to the US in the next few weeks to stand trial, for breaking into US military computers, supposedly while high and looking for info on alien encounters.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Prevent Strategy For Identifying Potential Terrorists Identifies 3 Year Old Because Of Course It Did
- Chilling Effects: UK Police Admit To Investigating Journalists For Covering Snowden Leaks
- Newsflash: Car Network Security Is Still A Horrible, Very Dangerous Joke
- If The UK Wants People To 'Respect' Copyright, Outlawing Ripping CDs Is Probably Not Helping
- Marital Infidelity Site AshleyMadison Hacked, But Claims No One Should Worry Since It DMCA'd All Leaked Copies