by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 23rd 2012 5:05am
You may recall that, back in March, on a whim based on a discussion at SXSW, Alexis Ohanian and Erik Martin (from Reddit) teamed up with Holmes Wilson (from Fight for the Future) to crowdfund a billboard to go up in Lamar Smith's district in Austin. It turns out that you internet people don't mind paying after all, and helped fund two billboards which have now gone up in Smith's district, including one across the street from his office in San Antonio, and a second one on "Lamar Blvd" in Austin
Oh, and Ohanian's BreadPig is selling a "Don't Mess with the Internet" t-shirt, where each sale will help fund Fight for the Future and its new Internet Defense League -- which you should join, in part because if you do cool things to help defend the internet, they hand out totally awesome medals.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- State Trooper Disciplined For Taking Photo With Person With 'Well-Known Criminal Background'
- SXSW Considering Turning Austin Into The Olympic Village, Complete With 'Brand Equity'-Protecting 'Clean Zones'
- Austin Police Officer Tries To Paint Police Accountability Groups As 'Domestic Extremists' In FOIA'ed Emails
- A Special Thanks To Twitch And Namecheap For Providing The Matching Funds For Our Crowdfunding Campaign
- Find Two Hours To Watch Glenn Greenwald Debate Michael Hayden