by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 12th 2012 11:42am
Lamar Smith has really become the enemy of the internet. He's the main sponsor behind both SOPA and the very dangerous data retention bill that he disguised as an anti-child porn bill, even though it does nothing to stop child porn. Don't think the internet hasn't noticed. With lots of internet folks in Austin (part of which is covered by Lamar Smith's district), Erik Marin (GM of Reddit) and Holmes Wilson (co-founder of Fight for the Future) had the bright idea to buy a billboard in Smith's district with the slogan: Don't Mess with the Internet. The final design of the billboard is still being worked on, but Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian jumped right in and set up a crowdfunding campaign to try to raise the necessary $15,000. Feel free to join in and help send Lamar Smith a message...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Australia Passes Its Own SOPA, Ignores All Concerns About It
- Data Retention's Slippery Slope: Now Australian Police Want Warrantless Access To Bank Accounts
- Australia's SOPA Gets The Green Light
- Good News! Dianne Feinstein Is Here To Reform The Section 215 Program By Making Everything Worse!
- State Trooper Disciplined For Taking Photo With Person With 'Well-Known Criminal Background'