by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 12th 2012 11:42am
Lamar Smith has really become the enemy of the internet. He's the main sponsor behind both SOPA and the very dangerous data retention bill that he disguised as an anti-child porn bill, even though it does nothing to stop child porn. Don't think the internet hasn't noticed. With lots of internet folks in Austin (part of which is covered by Lamar Smith's district), Erik Marin (GM of Reddit) and Holmes Wilson (co-founder of Fight for the Future) had the bright idea to buy a billboard in Smith's district with the slogan: Don't Mess with the Internet. The final design of the billboard is still being worked on, but Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian jumped right in and set up a crowdfunding campaign to try to raise the necessary $15,000. Feel free to join in and help send Lamar Smith a message...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- EU Court Of Justice Advisor Suggests UK's Last Surveillance Bill May Be Legal, But Hints That The New One Might Not Be
- Putin Says All Encryption Must Be Backdoored In Two Weeks
- Hillary Clinton's Intellectual Property Platform: Too Vague & Confusing
- MPAA Happily Gets Into Bed With Russian State Censor Agency... To Protect Copyright!
- RIAA Demands Takedown Of ThePirateBay.org, But EasyDNS Refuses Over Lack Of Due Process