by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 12th 2012 11:42am
Lamar Smith has really become the enemy of the internet. He's the main sponsor behind both SOPA and the very dangerous data retention bill that he disguised as an anti-child porn bill, even though it does nothing to stop child porn. Don't think the internet hasn't noticed. With lots of internet folks in Austin (part of which is covered by Lamar Smith's district), Erik Marin (GM of Reddit) and Holmes Wilson (co-founder of Fight for the Future) had the bright idea to buy a billboard in Smith's district with the slogan: Don't Mess with the Internet. The final design of the billboard is still being worked on, but Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian jumped right in and set up a crowdfunding campaign to try to raise the necessary $15,000. Feel free to join in and help send Lamar Smith a message...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- When You Crack Open The Surveillance Door, The Food Police Will Want Your Metadata
- Portuguese 'Anti-Piracy' Site Blocking Used Against US Video Game Developer
- UK Home Secretary Wants Everyone's Metadata; But If You Ask For Hers, Gov't Says You're Being Vexatious
- Court Says RIAA Can Just Tell Cloudflare Any Site Is A Grooveshark Clone... And Cloudflare Has 48 Hours To Dump Them
- Senators Call For Mandatory Data Retention For Telcos Following The Section 215 Shutdown