by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 27th 2010 9:17am
Be careful suggesting that you want to "save the earth." Automaker Honda just did that in an ad with a guy wearing a "save the earth" t-shirt, and for doing so, it got slapped with a trademark infringement lawsuit from the Save the Earth Foundation, which apparently has a trademark on that phrase (and has had it since 1972). The foundation claims that the ad was implying endorsement by the foundation. I wonder if morons in a hurry have any interest in saving the earth.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Marshawn Lynch, Anti-Authority Hero, Loves To Trademark His Phrases
- Red Bull Disputes Old Ox Brewery Trademarked Logo/Name Because, Seriously, An Ox Is Just A Castrated Bull
- DailyDirt: Sriracha In Everything
- DailyDirt: Personal Mobility Solutions That
Solve Non-ProblemsLook Cool
- DailyDirt: Weird Airplane Designs