by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 27th 2010 9:17am
Be careful suggesting that you want to "save the earth." Automaker Honda just did that in an ad with a guy wearing a "save the earth" t-shirt, and for doing so, it got slapped with a trademark infringement lawsuit from the Save the Earth Foundation, which apparently has a trademark on that phrase (and has had it since 1972). The foundation claims that the ad was implying endorsement by the foundation. I wonder if morons in a hurry have any interest in saving the earth.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Macy's Trying To Keep Others From Using The Brands It Bought And Then Abandoned
- Gay Party Company Goes After Another Gay Party Organizer Over Generic 'Gay Days' Trademark
- Under Armour Files Trademark Suit Against Ass Armor
- DailyDirt: Personal Mobility Solutions That
Solve Non-ProblemsLook Cool
- DailyDirt: Weird Airplane Designs