by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 12th 2009 2:27am
Dennis Laumen alerts us to an update on the story concerning Dutch music collection society Buma/Stemra's plan to charge bloggers for embedding YouTube videos on their site. After the story got lots of publicity, Buma appears to have backed down ever so slightly, saying that "amateur" bloggers are off the hook. But, the definition of "amateur" is basically only if you don't have any ads. Put up some Google AdSense... and suddenly you're a "pro" who has to pay up.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Netflix Says Piracy Helped It Succeed In The Netherlands, And Will Help When It Launches In Spain
- Dutch Court Sets Aside National Data Retention Law
- Dutch Government Details How It Will Allow Bulk Cable Interception For Intelligence Services
- Dutch Collection Society Found To Be Source Of Infringing Content
- Anti-Piracy Group Caught Pirating Song For Anti-Piracy Ad... Corruption Scandal Erupts In Response