by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 18th 2008 2:46pm
There's a lot of buzz going around concerning reports that Yahoo has deleted The Pirate Bay from its search index, though it appears not everyone is seeing it. There hasn't been an official explanation just yet -- and it could be an accidental move or simply a hiccup, but it raises some questions about Yahoo's search index when such a site disappears. This is especially true given the controversial (deserved or not) nature of The Pirate Bay, and the efforts by the entertainment industry to shut the site down. Initially, we're willing to give Yahoo the benefit of the doubt, but a full explanation of what happened would be useful at this point.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Flickr Now Officially Supports Public Domain Dedications
- DailyDirt: Breaking Bad... Passwords
- Four Years In, How Successful Has Hollywood's Attack On The Pirate Bay Been?
- Italian Pirate Bay Block Leads To Massive Traffic Boost For Competing Torrent Sites
- Rednex Release New Single On Pirate Bay, Explain Why Record Labels Will Die