DailyDirt: Weapons To Fight Terrorists…
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
Osama bin Laden’s death has inspired quite a few stories about the military gear that special forces use against terrorists. It sounds like James Bond has inspired some of these weapons: stealth helicopters, dogs with titanium teeth… Here are a few more examples of these weapons.
- The stealth helicopter that was used in Pakistan to get Osama bin Laden has publicized its previously unknown existence. Aviation geeks think it was probably a modified H-60 Blackhawk. [url]
- Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs) fitted with conventional warheads (instead of nukes) have been considered for bombing terrorists, but ICBMs have the drawback of triggering nuclear war alerts. Instead, hypersonic gliders could be used to deliver bombs anywhere in the world in less than an hour (or your money back?). [url]
- Maybe we can’t have sharks with lasers attached to their heads, but we *can* have German Shepherds with titanium teeth, body armor, IR cameras and oxygen masks. Don’t mess with dogs that have titanium teeth… [url]
- Aerial surveillance from a quadcopter drone can be used to track a person from over 2 miles away. So far, it seems like only South American drug cartels have had to worry about these drones, but that could change anytime. [url]
- To discover more interesting war-related stuff, check out what’s currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]
By the way, StumbleUpon can recommend some good Techdirt articles, too.