DailyDirt: Weapons Of Some Destruction
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
Projectile weapons are so old school. There are so many other kinds of weapons to choose from nowadays. Some are non-lethal, but others are just as lethal — even though they only send out electromagnetic waves. Here are some examples of new weapons under development that could cause some damage (temporary or permanent).
- Set your flashlight to “stun” your enemies — there’s a stun ray gun that incapacitates with a really really bright light. It’s not even a laser, but it causes “the inverse of blindness” — disorienting a person from 200 feet away. Just hope that your attackers aren’t wearing sunglasses..? [url]
- A green laser can be used to temporarily blind pirates on the open water. Sunglasses won’t stop these lasers, but maybe more pirates will start wearing an eye patch to save one eye from this laser-induced blindness. [url]
- The US Navy is testing a new high energy laser that can destroy small boats at sea. Now they just need to put these lasers on sharks… [url]
- Apparently, a cyber-army could be built with just $100 million in 2 years. But an experienced spammer could probably take down that cyber army with a fraction of those resources. [url]
- To discover more interesting war-related stuff, check out what’s currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]
By the way, StumbleUpon can recommend some good Techdirt articles, too.