Telstra Mulls Move To CDMA2000

Australia’s leading mobile operator, Telstra, is considering using CDMA2000 as their 3G platform. While only 10% of their customers are currently on their CDMA network, Telstra has been impressed by the rate that CDMA2000 operators around the world have upgraded their networks. Such a move would mean they would have to build out a CDMA network for the remaining 90% of their customers. Alternatively, smaller national carriers like Telstra might be perfect candidates for GSM1X.

Filed Under:

Add Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Have a Techdirt Account? Sign in now. Want one? Register here

Comment Options:

Make this the or (get credits or sign in to see balance) what's this?

What's this?

Techdirt community members with Techdirt Credits can spotlight a comment as either the "First Word" or "Last Word" on a particular comment thread. Credits can be purchased at the Techdirt Insider Shop »

Follow Techdirt

Techdirt Daily Newsletter

Techdirt Deals
Techdirt Insider Discord
The latest chatter on the Techdirt Insider Discord channel...