One of AOL's claims to fame (yeah, I've seen the commercials) is that it's so easy to use. So, either in making it so easy to use they left wide up security holes, or they just sign up gullible customers. Or a combination of both. Either way, people haven't had much of a problem stealing AOL user's usernames and passwords. AOL's response so far? Telling people to be more careful. Very easy.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional
- EasyDNS Continues To Fight Bogus Website Seizures By City Of London Police After Verisign Issues 'No Decision'
- School Firewalls And Their Blocks On 'Gay/Lesbian Issues'
- NSA Spied On Porn Habits Of 'Radicalizers,' Planned To Use Details To Embarrass Them