Simon writes "Jack Thompson - lunatic lawyer or genius marketing executive? I really can't decide. He's at it again, ensuring that Rockstar's new game 'Bully' will become the most sought after title by kids everywhere this year. Once more he is trying to push for a ban on a software title that he admits that he's never even seen." Even better, the game is winning praise from some "anti-bullying" activists, one of whom notes that it looks like typical "play-fighting" that kids engage in, which is an "essential, healthy human behavior that can't be shut off." Meanwhile, others note that the game is whimsical, in a similar fashion to movies like Rushmore or Napoleon Dynamite. In fact, it seems to discourage really bad behavior. Perhaps Thompson doesn't like it because the game actually encourages people to stand up to bullies... like himself.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Agent: Give Me That Toy Monkey Gun Or I'm Calling The Real Cops
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?