by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA Zero Day Tools Likely Left Behind By Careless Operative
- Leaked Oversight Report Shows Illegal Surveillance, Massive Constitutional Violations By Germany's Intelligence Service
- Senators Burr & Feinstein Look To Bring Back Bill To Outlaw Real Encryption
- Former Intelligence Official Leaks Details Of NSA's Hack Of French Presidential Network
- Leaked NSA Zero Days Already Being Exploited By Whoever Thinks They Can Manipulate Them