by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Senator Feinstein Asks President Obama To Declassify Senate's CIA Torture Report
- NSA Leaked More Hacking Tools, Leading To Calls To Fire Its Director... Who Ran To Trump For Support
- Trump's Picks For AG & CIA Happy To Undermine Civil Liberties, Increase Surveillance
- Stopping Turnkey Tyranny: What The Obama Administration Can Do About The NSA On The Way Out
- Long Time Mass Surveillance Defenders Freak Out Now That Trump Will Have Control