by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- To The NSA, The Word 'Security' Is Synonymous With 'Gaping, Unpatched Holes In US Developers' Software'
- With Both Presidential Candidates Claiming To Be Against The TPP, President Obama Kicks Off Campaign To Ratify It
- Why Are The Congressional Intelligence Committees So Quiet On The NSA Malware Leaks?
- Why The NSA's Vulnerability Equities Process Is A Joke (And Why It's Unlikely To Ever Get Better)
- Did The NSA Continue To Stay Silent On Zero-Day Vulnerabilities Even After Discovering It Had Been Hacked?