by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- James Clapper Says Intelligence Community Has 'Duty To Warn' Endangered People... Sort Of
- Prominent Salt Lake City Residents Sue The NSA Over Mass Warrantless Surveillance During The 2002 Olympics
- Whistleblowers Band Together To Sue FBI, NSA And DOJ For Malicious Prosecution, Civil Liberties Violations
- Contractor Who Cleared Snowden For His NSA Position Fined $30 Million By The DOJ
- Hey NSA: Even If AT&T Was Collecting The Info For You, The Fourth Amendment Still Applies