by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- If The CIA Apologizes For Lying About Torture, But Doesn't Tell Anyone About The Apology, Does It Really Count?
- Intelligence Director James Clapper Warmly Welcomes The Internet Of Things To The NSA's Haystacks
- The NSA Lost In Court, So This DMCA Notice Is Totally Valid
- Canada Temporarily Drops Out Of Five Eyes Spying Coalition, After Realizing It Wasn't Properly Protecting Information
- Techdirt Reading List: The God's Eye View