by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- It's Official: Sixteen Government Agencies Now Have Access To Unminimized Domestic NSA Collections
- Defense Department Oversight Finds More Evidence Of Retaliation Against Whistleblowers
- Obama Pulls Cybercommand Control From NSA; Changes To Take Effect Whenever
- Top US Surveillance Lawyer Argues That New Technology Makes The 4th Amendment Outdated
- James Clapper's Office To Finally Reveal NSA's 'Incidental Collection' Numbers