by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Jeb Bush Compliments Obama For Continuing And Expanding His Brother's War On Terror
- Wall Street Journal Suggests Snowden Gave China Its 'Great Cannon' Software... Based On Pure Random Speculation
- Senate Intelligence Committee Finally Decides That Maybe It Should Figure Out What The Intelligence Community Is Up To
- White House Floats Idea Of Crypto Backdoor... If The Key Is Broken Into Multiple Pieces
- Why Don't Surveillance State Defenders Seem To Care That The Programs They Love Don't Work?