by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Government Accountability Offices Finds Government Still Mostly Terrible When It Comes To Cybersecurity
- Former NSA Directors Coming Out Strongly *Against* Backdooring Encryption
- NSA Screws Up Another Thing: EU Court Of Justice Throws The Internet For A Loop In Ending Safe Harbor
- US Intelligence Community's Cavalier Attitude Towards OPM Hack
- DOJ Insists That There Is No Proof Verizon Wireless Shared Phone Data With NSA