by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA -- Despite Claiming It Doesn't Engage In Economic Espionage -- Engaged In Economic Espionage
- Two Overlooked Aspects Of Those Leaks About NSA Spying On French Presidents
- Leaked Damage Assessment Shows Government Mostly Interested In Investigating Leakers, Withholding Information From Public
- Wikileaks Reveals NSA Spying On French Presidents
- Judge Looking Into Alleged Destruction Of Exculpatory Evidence By Pentagon In Thomas Drake Prosecution