by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Dangerously Underpowered NSA Begging Legislators For Permission To Go To Cyberwar
- Bill Introduced To Repeal Patriot Act And Prevent The Government From Demanding Encryption Backdoors
- Even If Congress Lets Section 215 Expire, The NSA May Be Able To Keep On Collecting Phone Metadata
- All Parties In Austrian Parliament Support Resolution Calling For Action Against NSA And GCHQ Spying
- Cisco Shipping Hardware To Bogus Addresses To Throw Off NSA Intercept-And-Implant Efforts