by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Kudos To Senator Leahy: Fighting To Keep Privacy & Civil Liberties Board From Being Hobbled
- Tying Rights To Useless 'Terrorist Watchlists' Is A Terrible Idea
- Disinformation Works: House Rejects Plan To Stop Backdoor Surveillance Searches Following Devin Nunes Lies
- Scottish Law Enforcement Also Apparently Hooked Up To NSA/GCHQ's Data Firehose
- Watch The President Use Fair Use To Support A Trade Deal That Undermines Fair Use