by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Burr-Feinstein Anti-Encryption Bill Has No Support, Won't Be Moving Forward Anytime Soon
- The NSA's Guide To The Internet Is The Weirdest Thing You'll Read Today
- District Attorney Arguing Against Encryption Handed Out Insecure Keylogging 'Monitoring' Software To Parents
- CIA Inspector General Claims It Accidentally Deleted CIA Torture Report After Being Asked To Retain It
- Unsealed Yahoo/FISA Documents Show NSA Expected Company, FISC Judge To Operate On Zero Information