by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 2nd 2013 7:39pm
The folks over at ProPublica have collected a series of flat-out lies by government officials concerning NSA snooping and put them all together in a short video.
It includes statements from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA boss Keith Alexander, Senate Intelligence boss Senator Dianne Feinstein and President Barack Obama -- all stating false claims about NSA surveillance publicly. It then shows how those statements were false. We've said it before but as these very same officials now are trying to assure us there's nothing wrong with the program, given their past lies, how can we take them seriously?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Report: FBI's PATRIOT Act Snooping Goes Beyond Business Records, Subject To Few Restrictions
- New Leak Shows NSA's Plans To Hijack App Store Traffic To Implant Malware And Spyware
- Chris Christie: Your NSA Fears Are Bullshit And Civil Liberties Advocates Are Extremists
- President Obama Rolls Back Some Police Militarization... Police Flip Out
- Tired Of Losing Legal Challenges To Its Surveillance, UK Government Secretly Changes Law So It Can Win