by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 20th 2012 8:34am
The writing has been on the wall for a long, long time, but now it's finally official. Harry Reid has announced that he will not move forward with PIPA and Lamar Smith has announced the same thing about SOPA. Both are listed as "delayed" and there's always a chance that they will come back in some form (potentially even nastier), but hopefully those on Capitol Hill have learned a big lesson about trying to mess with the internet... and what happens when you cut backroom deals to help one industry at the expense of the public.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- As Uber Crackdown In France Continues, Uber Downloads In France Reach Record Highs
- Years Of Pretending Netflix Cord Cutting Wasn't Real Is Biting The Cable Industry In The Ass
- Russia Blocks The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine Over A Single Page
- European Taxi Drivers Lose Their Collective Mind Over Uber
- Russia's Internet Propaganda Farm Is Being Dragged To Court For Labor Violations