That Didn't Take Long: Amazon Sued For Patent Infringement For New Kindle Fire Tablet
from the up-in-flames dept
The patents in question:
- 6,956,562: Method for controlling a handheld computer by entering commands onto a displayed feature of the handheld computer (originally a PalmSource patent)
- 6,466,236: System and method for displaying and manipulating multiple calendars on a personal digital assistant (originally a Palm Inc. patent)
- 6,950,645: Power-conserving intuitive device discovery technique in a bluetooth environment (originally a PalmSource patent)
- 7,506,064: Handheld computer system that attempts to establish an alternative network link upon failing to establish a requested network link (another PalmSource patent).
- RE40,459: Method and apparatus for communicating information over low bandwidth communications networks (and, yet again, PalmSource)