by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jun 2nd 2011 1:06am
This really isn't much of a surprise, but the new posterboy for the problems of a patent system gone mad, Lodsys, apparently isn't taking its recent tongue-lashing from Apple all that seriously. Instead, it's just ramped up its campaign to sue software publishers -- even though it filed these lawsuits before the time on its demand letter had ticked off the clock. The reason, of course, was so Lodsys could get the lawsuits going in East Texas and its notoriously patent-holder friendly court system. Of course, this is also pretty obnoxious. Why give someone a deadline at all if you're going to sue them before the deadline?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 96: Death Knell For Software Patents
- FBI Lifts Gag Order On NSL Issued To Google... Which Doesn't Have Much To Say About It
- Antitrust Suit Alleges Pharma Company Rubbished Its Own Product In Order To Stave Off Competition From Generics
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 94: The Headphone Jack Apocalypse!
- FTC Releases Big Report On Patent Trolls, Says The Patent System Needs To Change