by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jun 2nd 2011 1:06am
This really isn't much of a surprise, but the new posterboy for the problems of a patent system gone mad, Lodsys, apparently isn't taking its recent tongue-lashing from Apple all that seriously. Instead, it's just ramped up its campaign to sue software publishers -- even though it filed these lawsuits before the time on its demand letter had ticked off the clock. The reason, of course, was so Lodsys could get the lawsuits going in East Texas and its notoriously patent-holder friendly court system. Of course, this is also pretty obnoxious. Why give someone a deadline at all if you're going to sue them before the deadline?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- New Leak Shows NSA's Plans To Hijack App Store Traffic To Implant Malware And Spyware
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Insists His Emails With The MPAA Are Super Secret
- Patent Troll's Frivolous Attack On Startup Forces Startup To Sell Out To Another Patent Troll
- UK Government Review Says Use Prizes, Not Patents, To Produce Much-Needed New Antibiotics
- Here's A Serious Alternative To Big Pharma: Cuba