by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jun 2nd 2011 1:06am
This really isn't much of a surprise, but the new posterboy for the problems of a patent system gone mad, Lodsys, apparently isn't taking its recent tongue-lashing from Apple all that seriously. Instead, it's just ramped up its campaign to sue software publishers -- even though it filed these lawsuits before the time on its demand letter had ticked off the clock. The reason, of course, was so Lodsys could get the lawsuits going in East Texas and its notoriously patent-holder friendly court system. Of course, this is also pretty obnoxious. Why give someone a deadline at all if you're going to sue them before the deadline?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Contrary To What You've Heard, TPP Will Undermine US Law -- Including Supreme Court Decisions
- Google To French Regulators Looking To Expand 'Right To Be Forgotten' Globally: Forget About It
- Study Of Spain's 'Google Tax' On News Shows How Much Damage It Has Done
- Obviously, No One Ever Would Have Thought Of Remote Controlled Sex Toys Without This Patent
- Chinese Smartphone Leader Xiaomi Adds Special New Feature In Order To Enter US Market -- A Patent Hoard