by Mike Masnick
Tue, Mar 15th 2011 6:57pm
We had warned from early on that News Corp's "iPad-only" fee-based publication, The Daily, was a disaster in the making. After a ton of hype, and launching a few weeks ago to a ton of overwrought praise, all we've been hearing is that people aren't buying. A bunch of folks checked it out early, and then it more or less disappeared off the map. And now, it appears that staffers are bailing at a rapid rate. Of course, in the run up to launch, there was all this talk about how Murdoch was hiring a ton of big name journalists and staffers away from other publications. To see a bunch of them rushing out the door, barely weeks after the launch, suggests this may be a failure of epic proportions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- News Sites Realizing That Relying On Facebook For Traffic Might Not Have Been Wise
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 86: Have Platforms Killed The Open Internet By Replacing Protocols?
- Lots Of Newspapers Discovering That Paywalls Don't Work
- News Corp. Claims Google News Is An Antitrust Violation In Europe
- TV Industry Starts Running Fewer Ads To Combat Netflix, Cord Cutting