by Mike Masnick
Tue, Mar 15th 2011 6:57pm
We had warned from early on that News Corp's "iPad-only" fee-based publication, The Daily, was a disaster in the making. After a ton of hype, and launching a few weeks ago to a ton of overwrought praise, all we've been hearing is that people aren't buying. A bunch of folks checked it out early, and then it more or less disappeared off the map. And now, it appears that staffers are bailing at a rapid rate. Of course, in the run up to launch, there was all this talk about how Murdoch was hiring a ton of big name journalists and staffers away from other publications. To see a bunch of them rushing out the door, barely weeks after the launch, suggests this may be a failure of epic proportions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TV Industry Starts Running Fewer Ads To Combat Netflix, Cord Cutting
- The Stagnation Of eBooks Due To Closed Platforms And DRM
- Wired Releases A Story Early To Apple News Users; Wired Readers Not Happy
- Latest TVEyes Ruling A Mixed Bag: Archiving & Sharing Privately Is Fair Use; Downloading & Sharing Publicly Is Not
- Protocols Instead Of Platforms: Rethinking Reddit, Twitter, Moderation And Free Speech