by Mike Masnick
Tue, Mar 15th 2011 6:57pm
We had warned from early on that News Corp's "iPad-only" fee-based publication, The Daily, was a disaster in the making. After a ton of hype, and launching a few weeks ago to a ton of overwrought praise, all we've been hearing is that people aren't buying. A bunch of folks checked it out early, and then it more or less disappeared off the map. And now, it appears that staffers are bailing at a rapid rate. Of course, in the run up to launch, there was all this talk about how Murdoch was hiring a ton of big name journalists and staffers away from other publications. To see a bunch of them rushing out the door, barely weeks after the launch, suggests this may be a failure of epic proportions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- EU Regulators Can Barely Contain Their Desire To Attack Google And Facebook, Believing It Will Help Local Competitors
- News Corp. Claims Google News Is An Antitrust Violation In Europe
- EU Regulators Seem To Think They Can Tell YouTube That Its Business Model Should Be More Like Spotify
- Final Reminder: Tell The EU Commission Not To Wreck The Internet With Poorly Thought Out Regulations
- TV Industry Starts Running Fewer Ads To Combat Netflix, Cord Cutting