by Mike Masnick
Tue, Mar 9th 2010 10:16am
If you thought the guy suing because he thought Hurt Locker was based on his life story (but also made him look bad) was going too far, here's an even more ridiculous lawsuit. Dave Barnes was the first of a few of you to alert us to the news that actress Lindsay Lohan is suing E*Trade for $100 million, claiming that one of the babies used in its famous "talking babies" commercials was based on her. The baby -- which was named Lindsay -- is shown as being a "boyfriend-stealing, milkaholic" baby. And, for that, Lindsay say she deserves $100 million in "pain and suffering." I'm trying to decide which makes someone seem more like a baby: a commercial with a silly "milkaholic" baby, or a humorless multi-millionaire starlet suing a financial firm for $100 million over a silly commercial that has talking babies, because she can't take a joke.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yes, A Billionaire Looking To Destroy A Media Organization Through Lawsuits Is A Big Deal Even If You Don't Like The Media Organization
- Silicon Valley Billionaire Peter Thiel Accused Of Financing Hulk Hogan's Ridiculous Lawsuits Against Gawker
- Surprise: Court Allows Lindsay Lohan's Suit Against Take-Two Interactive To Go Forward
- E*Trade Settles Lindsay Lohan's Milkaholic Lawsuit
- If Lindsay Lohan Deserves Any Money From E*Trade, It's Probably For Making Its Ad So Popular