by Mike Masnick
Fri, Feb 19th 2010 2:40pm
Well, here's a fun one sent in by ChurchHatesTucker. You may have heard the somewhat troubling story of the guy found guilty of child pornography for downloading images of the cartoon Simpsons performing sexual acts. It does seem a bit ridiculous to claim that naked versions of famous cartoon characters represent actual child porn, but... so sayeth the court. But, here's the potential problem:
That is the logo for the 2012 Olympics in London. My first reaction to it was that it's just hideous from a design standpoint, but others quickly noticed something worse. You can look at that logo and... um... see what appears to be Lisa Simpson... doing something she shouldn't be doing. Yeah. Once you see it, it never goes away. So, as CHT notes, given that ruling of child porn for having an image of a Simpsons cartoon child performing sex acts... is looking at the 2012 Olympic logo going to be classified as viewing child porn now?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Dear US Olympic Committee: Tweeting About The Olympics Is Never Trademark Infringement
- NBC's 'Most Live Olympics Ever' Will Have A One Hour Broadcast Delay For The Opening Ceremony
- USOC Demands That Company Take Down Twitter Posts Of Olympic Athlete It Sponsors
- University Sending Out Trademark Letters To Parody Artist Over Logo/Mascot It Abandoned
- London's Metropolitan Police Houses A Bunch Of Criminals Who Are More Interested In Harassing Journalists Than Chasing Criminals