by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 3rd 2009 7:12am
Ok, perhaps the title is a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly appears to be what a Microsoft exec in the Philippines implied in a recent interview concerning Windows 7. Basically, he said that using unauthorized copies of the OS were really unsafe, so doing things like online banking or other sensitive stuff on such software could put users in serious danger. Of course, that makes you wonder what Microsoft has done to make unauthorized copies of the software so dangerous to use...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Copyright Blocking Security Research: Researchers Barred From Exploring Leaked Archive
- Hateful Eight Pirated Leak Harms Film All The Way To Box Office Records
- Forbes Site, After Begging You Turn Off Adblocker, Serves Up A Steaming Pile Of Malware 'Ads'
- Once Again, Piracy Is Destroying The Movie Industry... To Ever More Records At The Box Office
- DailyDirt: Open Source Software In 2016