by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 9th 2009 6:02am
Dementia writes in to point out the rather ironic situation of a "free" concert put on by the band U2, at the remains of the Berlin Wall in order to celebrate the demise of the wall... but MTV decided to put up a big temporary barrier around the event so those who didn't have free tickets could not even see the event. Yes, they erected a special "wall" to block out a free concert about The Wall. As Dementia noted with the submission, "you're doing it wrong..."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- David Bowie's Legacy On Copyright And The Future Of Music
- The Fine Bros Plan Is Actually Pretty Cool If You Get Past How They Announced It
- Guitar Hero YouTuber Sings Acapella Version To Get Around ContentID Takedowns... Probably Is Still Violating Copyright Law
- Singer Sues Google For Not Asking Her Permission To Use A Licensed Song In Its Cell Phone Commercial
- No, The Internet Hasn't Destroyed Quality Music Either