by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 23rd 2009 3:23pm
With France continuing to push for a version of three strikes legislation, the latest bill approved also happens to increase potential fines for infringement up to 300,000 euros, or approximately $440,000. Nice to see governments making sure that the punishment fits the crime, huh?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- USTR: Foreign Governments Engaging In Censorship And Rights Abuses Should Add IP Enforcement To Their 'To Do' Lists
- Game Critic Keeps YouTube Vids Ad-Free By Creating ContentID Feeding Frenzy
- Techdirt Reading List: How To Fix Copyright
- Lessons From Prince's Legacy And Struggle With Digital Music Markets
- And Out Come The Wolves: Now Getty Images Files EU Antitrust Complaint Against Google About Image Piracy