by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 23rd 2009 3:23pm
With France continuing to push for a version of three strikes legislation, the latest bill approved also happens to increase potential fines for infringement up to 300,000 euros, or approximately $440,000. Nice to see governments making sure that the punishment fits the crime, huh?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bill Introduced To Fix Broken DMCA Anti-Circumvention Rules
- How The DMCA And Anti-Piracy Measures Conspire To Keep Video Games In Their Cultural Place
- Guy Who Took Walter Scott Shooting Video Now Demanding To Be Paid; Everyone Gets Confused About Fair Use
- MPAA's Chris Dodd Tells Each Movie Studio To Donate $40k To Rep. Goodlatte's Election Campaign
- Chris Dodd's Email Reveals What MPAA Really Thinks Of Fair Use: 'Extremely Controversial'