by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 23rd 2009 3:23pm
With France continuing to push for a version of three strikes legislation, the latest bill approved also happens to increase potential fines for infringement up to 300,000 euros, or approximately $440,000. Nice to see governments making sure that the punishment fits the crime, huh?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Team Prenda Done Fighting Judge Otis Wright
- If You're Angry About Twitter Banning Someone 'Permanently' For Sharing Olympics GIFs, Blame Copyright Law
- Nice Officials Say They'll Sue Internet Users Who Share Photos Of French Fashion Police Fining Women In Burkinis
- Copyright Group, In Arguing Against FCC's Set Top Box Proposal, Appears To Argue That VCRs & DVRs Are Also Illegal
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 87: An Interview With Kim Dotcom's Lawyer