by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 16th 2009 3:35am
Arizona has become ground zero with the backlash against redlight cameras, with plans to get rid of them across the state. And yet... Dave Records alerts us to the news that the annual "Governor's Celebration of Innovation" includes a variety of companies nominated for awards... including Redflex, the redlight camera maker who was just complaining that its revenue was dropping due to public opposition to such cameras. Oops.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yet Another Report Says More Innovation, Rather Than More Enforcement, Reduces Piracy
- Comcast Fancies Itself The Tesla Of Cable
- Arizona Law Enforcement Charging Innocent Car Owners $2,000 To Reclaim Their Wrongfully-Seized Vehicles
- Missouri Court Upholds Right Of Citizens To 'Vote' Traffic Enforcement Cameras Out Of 'Office'
- 'Revenue Generating' Traffic Cameras Forcing Governments To Refund Millions Of Dollars