by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 28th 2009 7:40pm
We've seen a bunch of studies like this in the past, but people keep submitting this, so figured we'd do a quick post on it. Yet another study has shown that people who are more active in unauthorized file sharing, also tend to spend more on authorized entertainment purchases. Now, to be fair, the study was paid for by a file sharing provider -- so, take it with a rather large grain of salt. But similar studies have been done in the past as well, and it seems to once again call into question the rallying cry in Hollywood that people just want stuff for free.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Awesome Stuff: Make More Music
- Lessons From Prince's Legacy And Struggle With Digital Music Markets
- Guy Argues That Anti-Ad Blocker Systems Violate EU Privacy Laws
- Led Zeppelin 'Stairway To Heaven' Copyright Case Will Go To A Jury... Meaning Band Will Almost Certainly Lose
- Awesome Stuff: Play, Listen, Record