by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 7th 2009 6:59am
Fresh off vague and undefined plans to put up a paywall on various news sites, it seems that Murdoch's latest misguided target for digital angst is Amazon. ikonoclasm alerts us to the news that Murdoch is angry and threatening to remove all News Corp. material from the kindle unless Amazon is willing to hand over subscriber names and info to News Corp., despite having just negotiated a larger share of revenue. Of course, the subscribers themselves might actually like the fact that Amazon isn't handing out their user info. Either way, it seems like Murdoch is suddenly hellbent on making it more difficult to read any of his content digitally.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hypocritical CIA Director Goes On Rant About Wikileaks, Free Speech
- Don't Wait For Google, Netflix Or Facebook's Help If You Want To Save Net Neutrality
- NASA Tells MuckRock FOIA Requesters They'll Have To Start Providing Their Home Addresses
- Pennsylvania Court Says Bloggers Protected By Journalist Shield Law; Don't Have To Reveal Commenter IP Addresses
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 114: Alexa, Play This Podcast