by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 7th 2009 6:59am
Fresh off vague and undefined plans to put up a paywall on various news sites, it seems that Murdoch's latest misguided target for digital angst is Amazon. ikonoclasm alerts us to the news that Murdoch is angry and threatening to remove all News Corp. material from the kindle unless Amazon is willing to hand over subscriber names and info to News Corp., despite having just negotiated a larger share of revenue. Of course, the subscribers themselves might actually like the fact that Amazon isn't handing out their user info. Either way, it seems like Murdoch is suddenly hellbent on making it more difficult to read any of his content digitally.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- California News Publisher Files SLAPP Suit Against Competing Online Publisher
- Arkansas Legislators Want To Make Corporate Whistleblowing Illegal
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 114: Alexa, Play This Podcast
- Mormon Church Tries To Censor MormonLeaks Using Copyright, Streisand Effect Takes Over
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 112: When A Typo Breaks The Internet