by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 7th 2009 6:59am
Fresh off vague and undefined plans to put up a paywall on various news sites, it seems that Murdoch's latest misguided target for digital angst is Amazon. ikonoclasm alerts us to the news that Murdoch is angry and threatening to remove all News Corp. material from the kindle unless Amazon is willing to hand over subscriber names and info to News Corp., despite having just negotiated a larger share of revenue. Of course, the subscribers themselves might actually like the fact that Amazon isn't handing out their user info. Either way, it seems like Murdoch is suddenly hellbent on making it more difficult to read any of his content digitally.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Single Choke Point Problems: Apple Removes NY Times App From Chinese App Store After Chinese Gov't Complains
- Washington Post Falsely Claims Russia Hacked Vermont Utility, Because OMG RUSSIANS!
- Amazon Refuses To Comply With Police Request For Amazon Echo Recordings In Murder Case
- Vice Joins Trend Of Killing News Comments Because Giving A Damn About Your Site's Community Is Just Too Hard
- Amazon Looking To Expand Prime Into Live-Streamed Major Sports