by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Company That Lets Parents Spy On Their Kids' Computer Usage... Has Database Hacked And Leaked
- 2 Teen Diablo Players Were Charged, Got Probation For 'Stealing' Virtual Items That Were Replaced
- Meanwhile, In Japan: More Arrests For Cheating At Video Games
- Press, University Say Study Shows Link Between Gaming And Alzheimer's; Spoiler: No It Doesn't
- Stanford Prison Experiment Psychologist: You're Never Going To Get Laid, You Game-Playing, Porn-Watching Fat-Asses