by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 'Smart' Stuffed Animal Company Leaves Voice, Other Data Of Millions Publicly Exposed
- Top Russian Net Official Says Children Under 10 Shouldn't Go Online -- At All
- Counterpoint: As Denuvo Lauds Its Weeks-Long Control, 20 Year Old Game Still Selling Due To Its Modding Community
- 2012 Research Paper Linking Video Games And Violence Finally Retracted Over Massaged Data Accusation
- South Korea Joins The Club That Uses Video Game Footage To Proclaim Themselves Awesome At War