by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Electronic Arts Unveils New Policy For Marking YouTube Videos As 'Supported' Or 'Advertisement'
- Hillary Clinton Looks At Her Campaign's Many Missteps, Decides To Blame James Comey For Her Loss
- In The Rush To Blame Facebook, Come The Calls To Suppress Ideas People Disagree With
- Video Game Voice Actor Strike Devolves Into Petty Trademark Dispute
- Sega/Steam Took Down A Bunch Of Legitimate Steam Workshop Mods Over Copyright Concerns