by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 23rd 2009 10:15am
Last year, we wrote about Monty Python's decision to put all its content online for free hoping that would drive people to buy more of its scarce goods -- such as DVDs. And, as a bunch of you have submitted, it appears to have worked wonders. Monty Pyton's DVD sales jumped an astounding 23,000% and are now the number 2 best selling item in the Movies & TV category on Amazon.com. Who was it that said "you can't compete with free" again?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Another Newspaper Paywall Bites The Dust
- Florida Legislators Introduce Bill That Would Strip Certain Site Owners Of Their Anonymity
- Is Retweeting ISIS 'Material Support Of Terrorism'?
- YouTube's Offer To Musicians Isn't As Bad As Some Believe, But YouTube Should Still Change Its Policies
- Prominent YouTube Personality Locked Out Of His Account After A Bogus Copyright Claim