by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 23rd 2009 10:15am
Last year, we wrote about Monty Python's decision to put all its content online for free hoping that would drive people to buy more of its scarce goods -- such as DVDs. And, as a bunch of you have submitted, it appears to have worked wonders. Monty Pyton's DVD sales jumped an astounding 23,000% and are now the number 2 best selling item in the Movies & TV category on Amazon.com. Who was it that said "you can't compete with free" again?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Awesome Stuff: Don't Miss Our New Takedown T-Shirt/Hoodie!
- Two Days, Two Shootings, Two Sets Of Cops Making Recordings Disappear
- Two YouTubers About To Learn That Trust Is A Valuable Commodity That You Can Only Lose Once
- This Will Backfire: Google/Facebook Using Copyright Tools To Remove 'Extremist' Content
- Newspaper Association Thinks FTC Should Force Readers To Be Subject To Godawful Ads And Invasive Trackers