by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 23rd 2009 10:15am
Last year, we wrote about Monty Python's decision to put all its content online for free hoping that would drive people to buy more of its scarce goods -- such as DVDs. And, as a bunch of you have submitted, it appears to have worked wonders. Monty Pyton's DVD sales jumped an astounding 23,000% and are now the number 2 best selling item in the Movies & TV category on Amazon.com. Who was it that said "you can't compete with free" again?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 22: Are Smaller Online Media Players Doomed In The Age Of Buzzfeed?
- Dan Bull's 'Death To ACTA' Video Silenced After Claim From Rapper Who Used The Same Sample
- Once Again, Political Speech Is Silenced By Copyright/ContentID
- YouTuber Angry Joe Swears Off Nintendo Videos After The Company Claimed His Mario Party 10 Take
- Another Newspaper Paywall Bites The Dust