by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 7th 2009 5:33pm
While it's taken quite some time, the EFF has had considerable success with its project to bust ten awful patents. The latest is that the USPTO has agreed to re-examine a patent from Seer Systems involving online music. Again, the really tragic thing about all of this is that the EFF started this patent busting project almost five years ago, and the process is still in its early stages. And that's for ten of the most ridiculous patents you'll find today. Think of what a mess it is to challenge so many other bad patents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Former US Patent Office Director Freaked Out That Business Methods & Software Are Less Patentable Than Before
- Little Tree Air Freshener Company Sues Non-Profit For Making Tree Shaped Ornaments
- The EFF Calls Out Microsoft's Ongoing Bullshit On Windows 10 Privacy Concerns
- Government Accountability Office Study Confirms: Patent Office Encouraged Examiners To Approve Crappy Patents
- EFF Lawsuit Challenges DMCA's Digital Locks Provision As First Amendment Violation