by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 7th 2009 5:33pm
While it's taken quite some time, the EFF has had considerable success with its project to bust ten awful patents. The latest is that the USPTO has agreed to re-examine a patent from Seer Systems involving online music. Again, the really tragic thing about all of this is that the EFF started this patent busting project almost five years ago, and the process is still in its early stages. And that's for ten of the most ridiculous patents you'll find today. Think of what a mess it is to challenge so many other bad patents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Supreme Court Says Patent Trolls Can Wait A While Before Suing
- Just Prior To Hearing Over NSL Gag Orders, Court Allows Cloudflare & CREDO Mobile To Be Named As Plaintiffs
- Eli Lilly Loses Quixotic Quest To Get Canada To Pay $500 Million For Rejecting Its Bad Patents
- General Franco Is Still Dead And Michelle Lee Is Still Director Of The US Patent Office
- IBM Shamed Into Giving Away Awful Patent On Email Out-Of-Office Messages