by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 7th 2009 5:33pm
While it's taken quite some time, the EFF has had considerable success with its project to bust ten awful patents. The latest is that the USPTO has agreed to re-examine a patent from Seer Systems involving online music. Again, the really tragic thing about all of this is that the EFF started this patent busting project almost five years ago, and the process is still in its early stages. And that's for ten of the most ridiculous patents you'll find today. Think of what a mess it is to challenge so many other bad patents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Australia Finally Rejects Gene Patents
- Patent Owner Insists 'Integers' Do Not Include The Number One
- Stanford Professor Insists Consumers Are Helped By Patent Trolls
- New Malware Attack Tries To Trick People By Pretending To Be EFF
- Court Says Government Has To Reveal If It Kept The Data From The DEA's Mass Surveillance Program