by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 7th 2009 5:33pm
While it's taken quite some time, the EFF has had considerable success with its project to bust ten awful patents. The latest is that the USPTO has agreed to re-examine a patent from Seer Systems involving online music. Again, the really tragic thing about all of this is that the EFF started this patent busting project almost five years ago, and the process is still in its early stages. And that's for ten of the most ridiculous patents you'll find today. Think of what a mess it is to challenge so many other bad patents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 96: Death Knell For Software Patents
- The Easiest Thing You Can Do Today To Raise Money For The EFF
- Internet Privacy Week: Sign The Bill Of Rights & Raise Money For The EFF
- EFF's Challenge Of NSL Gag Orders Reaches The Ninth Circuit Court Of Appeals
- Antitrust Suit Alleges Pharma Company Rubbished Its Own Product In Order To Stave Off Competition From Generics