Dueling Headlines On The Online Ad Market: Half-Full Or Half-Empty
from the depends-on-who-you-read dept
- Good News!: U.S. Online Advertising Up 15.2%
- Bad News!: US Online Ad Growth Slows in 2008's First Half
- Good News!: Online ad revenue strong first half of 2008: What about the second half?
- Bad News!: As we fill tanks, growth in Net ads slows
- Good News!: Search-ad revenues grow amid market malaise
- Bad News!: Online Ad Growth Declines in First Half 2008
- Good News!: Internet marketing sees "incredible" spending increase
Perhaps much more interesting, however, is this analysis of what happened to the advertising market during the Great Depression. It found that while some companies shied away from advertising, the ones that did well focused in on more effective advertising, which worked wonders. So the advertising market itself didn't collapse, it just got more focused, and those who used it wisely ended up doing quite well.