by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 22nd 2008 7:46pm
Just as the US seems to be moving forward with efforts to relegalize online poker, it appears that Germany is moving in the opposite direction, passing a law to ban online poker -- even to the point of allowing German authorities to put online poker players in jail (though, no one seems to think that's likely to happen).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Germany Interior Minister Pushing For Deployment Of Facial Recognition Software In Public Areas
- Former STL Cardinals Scouting Director Gets Jail Time For Illegally Accessing Astros Scouting Database
- Two Courts Throw Out Turkish President's Bid To Obtain An Injunction Against German Media Boss
- Terrible Ruling In Germany: Digitizing The Public Domain Creates New Copyright
- Europe Is About To Create A Link Tax: Time To Speak Out Against It