by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 22nd 2008 7:46pm
Just as the US seems to be moving forward with efforts to relegalize online poker, it appears that Germany is moving in the opposite direction, passing a law to ban online poker -- even to the point of allowing German authorities to put online poker players in jail (though, no one seems to think that's likely to happen).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Anti-Whistleblower Provision Buried In Germany's New Data Retention Law Challenged In The Courts
- Germany Finally Dumps Law That Says It's A Crime To Insult Foreign Leaders
- Syrian Migrant Says He's Tired Of Being The Subject Of 'Fake News,' Sues Facebook For Posts Linking Him To Terrorism
- Seeking Open Access Deal, 60 German Academic Institutions Ditch All Subscriptions With Elsevier
- Ridiculous German Court Ruling Means Linking Online Is Now A Liability