by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 22nd 2008 7:46pm
Just as the US seems to be moving forward with efforts to relegalize online poker, it appears that Germany is moving in the opposite direction, passing a law to ban online poker -- even to the point of allowing German authorities to put online poker players in jail (though, no one seems to think that's likely to happen).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Germany Wants To Hold Facebook Criminally Liable If It Doesn't Find & Delete 'Hate' Speech
- YouTube Finally Buries The Hatchet With GEMA, Meaning People In Germany Can Watch Videos Again
- Leaked Oversight Report Shows Illegal Surveillance, Massive Constitutional Violations By Germany's Intelligence Service
- Germany Interior Minister Pushing For Deployment Of Facial Recognition Software In Public Areas
- Former STL Cardinals Scouting Director Gets Jail Time For Illegally Accessing Astros Scouting Database