by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 22nd 2008 7:46pm
Just as the US seems to be moving forward with efforts to relegalize online poker, it appears that Germany is moving in the opposite direction, passing a law to ban online poker -- even to the point of allowing German authorities to put online poker players in jail (though, no one seems to think that's likely to happen).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Erdogan Insult Mess: Dutch Reporter, German Politician Arrested For Mocking Erdogan; Swiss Art Exhibit Targeted Too
- Comedian Could Face 3 Years In German (Not Turkish!) Jail For Mocking Notoriously Thin-Skinned Turkish President
- For The Fifth Time Now, German Court Says Adblocking Is Legal
- Turkish Government Summons German Ambassador Because Of A Silly Satirical Video... That's Now Getting More Attention
- EU Court Of Justice Advocate General Says Open WiFi Operators Shouldn't Be Liable For Infringement