by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 22nd 2008 7:46pm
Just as the US seems to be moving forward with efforts to relegalize online poker, it appears that Germany is moving in the opposite direction, passing a law to ban online poker -- even to the point of allowing German authorities to put online poker players in jail (though, no one seems to think that's likely to happen).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Everyone's A Bad Guy: German Regulator Orders Facebook To Drop Its Stupid 'Real Name' Policy
- Germany's Leading Digital Rights Blog Netzpolitik.org Accused Of 'Treason' After Leaking Bulk Surveillance Plans
- Joseph Goebbels Estate Wins Copyright Suit Over Use Of Nazi's Diary In Biography
- Copyright Takes Down High-Profile Translation Of Thomas Piketty's Comments On Germany & Greek Debt
- German Court Says YouTube Isn't Liable For Infringement, But Wants A Notice-And-Staydown Process