by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jul 7th 2008 6:31am
Given the way that Apple tries to push the boundaries of product design in so many ways, it takes a unique talent to run product design at the company. Both Jonathan Ive and Steve Jobs get much of the credit for the designs of products like the iPod, iMac and iPhone. Still, it's rather interesting to find out that the original CTO for the Segway is leaving Segway and joining Apple as its VP of Product Design. Coming from a Dean Kamen company is probably a pretty good background for thinking out of the box -- though, the Segway never was the mass market success story that was predicted. So who wants to start up rumors about the iScooter? Or the iCar?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Judge Calls Bluffs On Encryption Debate; Asks Apple To Explain Why Unlocking A Phone Is 'Unduly Burdensome'
- Apple Punishes iFixit For Doing A Tear Down On Apple TV
- The Stagnation Of eBooks Due To Closed Platforms And DRM
- Amazon Bans Sale Of Competing Apple TV, Chromecast Devices To 'Avoid Customer Confusion'
- Russia 'Investigating' Apple Over The Diabolical Menace That Is LGBT-Friendly Emojis