by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jul 7th 2008 6:31am
Given the way that Apple tries to push the boundaries of product design in so many ways, it takes a unique talent to run product design at the company. Both Jonathan Ive and Steve Jobs get much of the credit for the designs of products like the iPod, iMac and iPhone. Still, it's rather interesting to find out that the original CTO for the Segway is leaving Segway and joining Apple as its VP of Product Design. Coming from a Dean Kamen company is probably a pretty good background for thinking out of the box -- though, the Segway never was the mass market success story that was predicted. So who wants to start up rumors about the iScooter? Or the iCar?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chinese Company Learns From The West: Builds Up Big Patent Portfolio, Uses It To Sue Apple In China
- UK's Snooper's Charter Includes Mandatory Backdoors For Encryption
- DOJ Claims Apple Should Be Forced To Decrypt iPhones Because Apple, Not Customers, 'Own' iOS
- Apple Tells Judge FBI's Phone Unlocking Demands 'Burdensome' At Present, 'Impossible' In The Future
- Apple's Patent Loss To University Of Wisconsin A Reminder That Universities Are Often The Worst Patent Trolls