by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jun 5th 2008 4:24pm
It's only been rumored for about four years, but it looks like Verizon Wireless is finally buying Alltel. It's yet another merger in the space, with this one letting Verizon leap over AT&T to declare itself the largest national carrier. Considering the space, I'm sure there will soon be a flurry of "who's next?" articles showing up -- though most of the big obvious mergers are now out of the way. One assumes this should also mean the end of the ridiculous lawsuit Verizon Wireless had filed against Alltel for misleading advertising.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Despite Throwing Money At Congress, Comcast Finds Merger Support Hard To Come By
- Portland Police Bravely Defend Public From Homeless Woman Looking To Charge Her Cell Phone
- Gemalto: Ok, Yes, We Were Hacked, And Yes Some SIM Cards May Be Compromised, But Not Because Of Us
- FCC Is 'Deeply Troubled' By Verizon Wireless's New Throttling Plans
- Only A Giant Telco Could Introduce Bandwidth Throttling And Spin It As 'Network Optimization'