by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jun 5th 2008 4:24pm
It's only been rumored for about four years, but it looks like Verizon Wireless is finally buying Alltel. It's yet another merger in the space, with this one letting Verizon leap over AT&T to declare itself the largest national carrier. Considering the space, I'm sure there will soon be a flurry of "who's next?" articles showing up -- though most of the big obvious mergers are now out of the way. One assumes this should also mean the end of the ridiculous lawsuit Verizon Wireless had filed against Alltel for misleading advertising.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- California Legislator Says Encryption 'Threatens Our Freedoms' Calls For Ban On Encrypted Cell Phones
- Legislator Thinks Warrantless Cell Phone Searches The Best Way To Combat Distracted Driving
- Comparing Cell Phones To Houses Not Exactly Deterring Use Of Generalized Warrants, Court Finds
- Verizon Wireless Tells 'Price Sensitive' Customers It Doesn't Want Them, Declares It Doesn't Need To Truly Compete
- FCC Is 'Deeply Troubled' By Verizon Wireless's New Throttling Plans