by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jun 5th 2008 4:24pm
It's only been rumored for about four years, but it looks like Verizon Wireless is finally buying Alltel. It's yet another merger in the space, with this one letting Verizon leap over AT&T to declare itself the largest national carrier. Considering the space, I'm sure there will soon be a flurry of "who's next?" articles showing up -- though most of the big obvious mergers are now out of the way. One assumes this should also mean the end of the ridiculous lawsuit Verizon Wireless had filed against Alltel for misleading advertising.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Verizon Wants $1 Billion Discount After Yahoo Scandals, Still Fancies Itself The New Google
- Court Shuts Down Argument That Warrantless Seizures Of Cell Phones Is Fine Because Criminals Use Cell Phones
- Verizon Buys Yahoo In $4.8 Billion Attempt To Bore The Internet To Death
- Verizon Wireless Tells 'Price Sensitive' Customers It Doesn't Want Them, Declares It Doesn't Need To Truly Compete
- FCC Is 'Deeply Troubled' By Verizon Wireless's New Throttling Plans