by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 14th 2008 4:09pm
You just knew that the whole Yahoo/Microsoft deal wasn't really over and done with, right? Rumors started spreading yesterday that billionaire investor and professional "shake things up" guy Carl Icahn was going to put forth his own slate for the Yahoo board (after buying up a bunch of shares in the company) which would allow him to create a board that would sell the company off to Microsoft. Those kinds of rumors don't just magically come out of nowhere, so it should come as no surprise that it looks like, indeed, Icahn will be putting forth his own list of potential board members. As plenty of people have noted, this ought to be fun to watch. Dealing with Steve Ballmer is one thing, but taking on Icahn isn't something that many do successfully. Of course, the real question is what does Icahn do with Yahoo should he gain control over the board. Many are assuming that he'll sell it off to Microsoft, which assumes that Microsoft is willing to come back to the table. Either way, it seems like what we witnessed over the last few months was merely Act One. Act Two may be a lot more exciting.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Man Who Used Facebook Live To Stream Birth Of Child Loses Bid To Sue All The News For Copyright Infringement
- Yahoo's Security Incompetence Just Took $250 Million Off Verizon's Asking Price
- Report: Verizon Considering Comcast Merger In Supernova Of Dysfunction
- Mark Cuban Falsely Tells Congress AT&T's Latest Mega-Merger Will Be Really Wonderful For Consumers
- Trump Takes Undeserved Credit For Softbank Investment & Job Promises, As Company Sells Him On A T-Mobile Sprint Merger