by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 23rd 2007 4:23am
Witty Nickname writes "A new Chancellor was selected to lead a Community College District in northern Harris County, Texas. A critical blog was set up to blast the new Chancellor, who quickly had IT block it on all campus computers. As these things always do, it backfired. The college was sued, forced to unblock the blog, and thanks to the media attention, now everyone in Houston knows about the blog." Didn't quite work the way he expected, huh? One would imagine that the blog got barely any traffic prior to this. Perhaps ignoring it would have been a better option.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UC Davis 'Apologizes' For The Reputation Management Industry's Hyperbole And Your Misunderstanding
- Let's All Talk About The Stuff That UC Davis Spent $175k Trying To Keep Off These Internets
- FL Senate Candidate Tries To Edit Scientology Links From Wikipedia Page, Streisanding Those Links Everywhere
- Copyright Troll Tries To Silence Anti-Troll Blogger With Law Enforcement Threats
- Turkish Government Summons German Ambassador Because Of A Silly Satirical Video... That's Now Getting More Attention