by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 23rd 2007 4:23am
Witty Nickname writes "A new Chancellor was selected to lead a Community College District in northern Harris County, Texas. A critical blog was set up to blast the new Chancellor, who quickly had IT block it on all campus computers. As these things always do, it backfired. The college was sued, forced to unblock the blog, and thanks to the media attention, now everyone in Houston knows about the blog." Didn't quite work the way he expected, huh? One would imagine that the blog got barely any traffic prior to this. Perhaps ignoring it would have been a better option.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- MLB Network DMCAs Video Of Bob Costas Torching MLB Pitcher, Which We'll Now Discuss At Length
- Legal Giant Dentons Demonstrates Exactly How Not To Respond To Critical Media Coverage
- Lawyer Asman Drops Lawsuit Against EFF, But Claims That 'Ass man' Comments Are Defamatory
- The Streisand Effect With Chinese Characteristics
- Insanity Rules In Ireland: Media Ordered Not To Report On Parliamentary Speech