by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 23rd 2007 4:23am
Witty Nickname writes "A new Chancellor was selected to lead a Community College District in northern Harris County, Texas. A critical blog was set up to blast the new Chancellor, who quickly had IT block it on all campus computers. As these things always do, it backfired. The college was sued, forced to unblock the blog, and thanks to the media attention, now everyone in Houston knows about the blog." Didn't quite work the way he expected, huh? One would imagine that the blog got barely any traffic prior to this. Perhaps ignoring it would have been a better option.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Walmart Not Horsing Around With Parody Domain Site
- Indian Government Attempts To Censor BBC Gang Rape Documentary; Succeeds Only In Drawing More Attention To It
- 2 Hockey Players And Elisha Cuthbert Want Cash From A TV Station For Airing A Joke Tweet
- Hockey Player Feels The Streisand Effect After Trying To Defensively Trademark His Nickname
- For 10 Years Everyone's Been Using 'The Streisand Effect' Without Paying; Now I'm Going To Start Issuing Takedowns