by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 23rd 2007 4:23am
Witty Nickname writes "A new Chancellor was selected to lead a Community College District in northern Harris County, Texas. A critical blog was set up to blast the new Chancellor, who quickly had IT block it on all campus computers. As these things always do, it backfired. The college was sued, forced to unblock the blog, and thanks to the media attention, now everyone in Houston knows about the blog." Didn't quite work the way he expected, huh? One would imagine that the blog got barely any traffic prior to this. Perhaps ignoring it would have been a better option.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Faith Healer Adam Miller Drops His Lawsuit (For Now) After Being Widely Mocked Online
- Konami Gets YouTube To Take Down Video It Doesn't Like; Streisand Effect Ensures Neverending Discussion Of Video
- Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority Sues Member For Revealing Secret Handshake On Penny Arcade Forum
- Faith Healer Adam Miller Sues Over Critical YouTube Video, Guaranteeing It Tons Of Attention
- Is Merely Explaining The Streisand Effect To Someone A 'Threat'?