by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 9th 2007 5:55am
left behind games
Left Behind Games, makers of (somewhat controversial) religiously themed real-time strategy games based apparently isn't happy that its video games were reviewed negatively across the blogworld. So, they did what any video game company would do: they improved their game. Oh... no, they didn't. As pointed out by reader Grey, they simply pulled out the lawyers and threatened to sue a bunch of bloggers for posting "false and misleading" content about the games. Of course, opinions can't be either false or misleading, so they'll have quite a case on their hands. In the meantime, perhaps this was merely an attempt at a reverse "Streisand Effect" as the attempt to take down those negative reviews is simply getting a lot more attention on those negative reviews. Whether or not that leads to sales is another story...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- MLB Network DMCAs Video Of Bob Costas Torching MLB Pitcher, Which We'll Now Discuss At Length
- DailyDirt: Playing Super Mario By Rote... Is Fun?
- Took Longer Than I Expected: Bill O'Reilly Yanks Video Games Into Charleston Massacre For No Reason At All
- Arkham Knight PC Game Arrives Just In Time To Demonstrate Why Steam Needed Refunds
- Legal Giant Dentons Demonstrates Exactly How Not To Respond To Critical Media Coverage