by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 9th 2007 5:55am
left behind games
Left Behind Games, makers of (somewhat controversial) religiously themed real-time strategy games based apparently isn't happy that its video games were reviewed negatively across the blogworld. So, they did what any video game company would do: they improved their game. Oh... no, they didn't. As pointed out by reader Grey, they simply pulled out the lawyers and threatened to sue a bunch of bloggers for posting "false and misleading" content about the games. Of course, opinions can't be either false or misleading, so they'll have quite a case on their hands. In the meantime, perhaps this was merely an attempt at a reverse "Streisand Effect" as the attempt to take down those negative reviews is simply getting a lot more attention on those negative reviews. Whether or not that leads to sales is another story...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- American Academy Of Pediatrics Claims Broad Consensus On Violent Media Effect That Doesn't Remotely Exist
- Sony Locks Up The PSN Account Of A Man Named 'Jihad' Because You'll Never Guess Why
- With The Brexit In The Bag, 'Vote Leave' Starts Vanishing Away Its Promises And Faulty Math
- DOJ Rushed To Link Orlando Shooter To ISIS, Now Plans To Redact What He Said During 911 Call For... Reasons
- Axl Rose DMCAs Unflattering Photo For Which He Doesn't Hold The Copyright