Awesome Stuff: Black Friday Internet Freedom Edition
from the how-about-shopping-for-a-little-internet-freedom dept
We’re not publishing regular stories today, because we’re taking the Friday after Thanksgiving off. Instead, however, we’ve decided to publish our awesome stuff post today, rather than on Saturday. Normally, it’s a post about interesting crowdfunding options, but seeing as today’s “Black Friday,” you’re either out shopping already or you’re probably sick of everyone talking about shopping, so we decided to, instead, list out some great organizations out there that are doing amazing things to protect and preserve internet freedom. There are many more (and feel free to add them in the comments), but here are a few that we’ve worked with in the past and which we feel all of us on the internet should be, well, thankful for.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation. You hopefully know who these guys are already. They do amazing work. Help support EFF.
- Demand Progress. The activist group founded by Aaron Swartz. Has done amazing work to help protect the internet. Help support Demand Progress.
- Fight for the Future. An activist group that really has an otherwordly ability to create viral campaigns on fighting for a free and open internet. Help support Fight for the Future.
- Public Knowledge. A DC organization working on a bunch of key issues. Help support Public Knowledge.
- Public Citizen Litigation Group. These guys don’t get nearly enough credit for everything they’ve done to support free speech online. Help support Public Citizen.
If you can help any of those groups out, I’m sure they’ll appreciate it. In the meantime, you can be sure that they’re helping you out regardless.