College President, Accreditation Board Member Got Internet Diploma Mill Degree
from the think-he-should-know-better? dept
It turns out that higher degrees of learning based on “life experience” are pretty common in the state of Georgia. Earlier this week we had the story of a group of teachers who all bought the “advanced degrees” they needed for a raise off the internet. Now comes the news that another person who bought a PhD. from the same school is not only the president of a university, but on a national accreditation board. Think he should have known better? He claims that “only” 60% of his degree was for “life experience”. The other 40%, though, was completed in 10 months of coursework. He admits that it seemed a little quick. Perhaps that “life experience” part taught him not to question a cheap way of faking your way to a degree. Makes you wonder what sort of schools he’s helping receive their accreditation – considering he couldn’t even be bothered to look into the details of the school that gave him his own “doctoral” degree.