by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 13th 2009 3:40pm
Wrestling entertainment mogul Vince McMahon apparently thinks he controls the use of the word "smackdown" to describe non-wrestling competitions as well, as his lawyers have sent a cease and desist to the Wine School of Philadelphia for daring to have a Sommelier Smackdown competition. I wonder how many wines the average "moron in a hurry" would have to drink before thinking that the Sommelier Smackdown was somehow associated with World Wrestling Entertainment. Hopefully, the lawyers from the Wine School of Philadelphia will show McMahon how a Trademark Smackdown works.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- There Are No Good Guys In A Battle Between (Likely) UFC And Ultimate Gay Fighter
- WWE Attorney Tries To Sneak Address Of Wrestling Streaming Site By Offering A Gift Bag
- Hot Mouse On Mau5 Action! Disney To Challenge Deadmau5's Latest Trademark Filing
- Left Hand Brewery Attempts To Trademark 'Nitro' For Its Beer Line
- Professional Wrestling Just Bodyslammed Their PPV Business Model