by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 13th 2009 3:40pm
Wrestling entertainment mogul Vince McMahon apparently thinks he controls the use of the word "smackdown" to describe non-wrestling competitions as well, as his lawyers have sent a cease and desist to the Wine School of Philadelphia for daring to have a Sommelier Smackdown competition. I wonder how many wines the average "moron in a hurry" would have to drink before thinking that the Sommelier Smackdown was somehow associated with World Wrestling Entertainment. Hopefully, the lawyers from the Wine School of Philadelphia will show McMahon how a Trademark Smackdown works.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Twisted Sisters Coffee Shop Decides To Fight Back Against Trademark Bully Band Twisted Sister
- New York Continues Its Trademark Bullying Ways: Threatens Coffee Shop With Bogus Threats
- Guy Sues Twitter For Taking Away His Twitter Handle
- Ron Paul Doesn't Win RonPaul.com And Is Guilty Of Reverse Domain Hijacking
- WWE Raw SuperShow One Wrestler Short Due To SOPA Support