In the first half of this decade, the press liked to cheer on those hedge fund bosses, who abused the financial system to great wealth. These days, of course, with the economy in the tank, the press needs to find some other class of system-abusers to cheer on. As Copycense notes, it looks like DC lobbyists may be getting the celebrity treatment these days, similar to the hedge fund batch a few years ago. It's as if the press gleefully looks for those who abuse the system for greed to celebrate. What a shame.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Warrantless Collection Of Cellphone Data By Law Enforcement On The Rise, As Is The Use Of Stingray Tower Spoofers
- The USTR's Revolving Door With Copyright And Patent Maximalists Removes All Credibility
- Worse Than The Disease: Law Enforcement Officers Committing Sexual Violence In The Line Of Duty
- Wordpress Goes Legal: Sues Over Two Egregiously Bogus DMCA Notices That Were Designed To Censor
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA