Credit-card processor CardSystems, which lost the data of 40 million credit cards to a hacker -- data it wasn't even supposed to have -- is being bought out. The purchaser acknowleges that because of the security breach, CardSystems won't be allowed to process some credit card transactions after October 31, but is trying to come to an arrangement to keep service going. Can't say we're too sympathetic to their cause, and there are 40 million cardholders that probably have similar feelings.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Collects Nearly $500,000 In Abandoned Change Per Year And Has No Idea What To Do With It
- Lawsuit Claims ICE Officers Shot At, Arrested Wrong Man
- United Airlines Nearly Kills Pet, Aims For Streisand Glory Instead Of Paying Vet Bill
- Obama's Response To Too Much Secrecy About Surveillance... Is More Secrecy
- The USTR's Revolving Door With Copyright And Patent Maximalists Removes All Credibility