theodp writes "Citing "massive copyright infringement," the Authors Guild slapped Google with a class action lawsuit Tuesday over the search giant's scanning and copying of books for its Google Library program. The complaint seeks damages and an injunction to halt further infringements." Saw this one earlier, and almost didn't think it was worth mentioning because it was so expected. But, people keep submitting it, so we'll go with the first one who did. Google is obviously ready for this legal battle, believing they're in a good position, but it will still be interesting to see how this turns out.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement