Following on the news last month that the recording industry had convinced Moscow police to look into Allofmp3.com's practices, Alex Moskalyuk is reporting that no criminal charges will be filed, though it seems like this is most likely due to a loophole within the law. Also, Alex notes that the company is still open to civil lawsuits from the industry, which are likely to arrive shortly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Scumbag Revenge Porn Site Operator Arrested... But Many Of The Charges Are Very Problematic
- Legal Challenges To Spying Mount In UK
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Thinks Google Is To Blame For Infringement On The Web
- Feds To FISC: Of Course We Don't Have To Share Our Full Legal Filings With Companies Suing Us Over NSA Transparency
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant