While there have been plenty of stories about how mobile phones are killing off payphones, nowhere is such a story as upsetting to people as in the UK, where the distinctive red telephone booths are quickly disappearing, making it more and more difficult for tourists to get a picture in front of one. While there are a variety of reasons for the removal of such phone booths, including accessibility problems for the disabled, the main reason is simply that they're increasingly obsolete when everyone has a mobile phone. Of course, this is leading to a brisk business in reselling the phone booths for collectors who are turning them into lawn ornaments, conversation pieces, or even as part of a home bar.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You