Last week we posted an article about how you now need to register to create a website in Vietnam. That article mentioned that some people had been arrested for placing "questionable" material online. This week the Vietnamese government admitted this was true saying that individuals were uploading illegal information that "overstepped" the rights of people to criticize the government. That seems like a fairly subjective line...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement