I'm declaring this algorithm to be "Musk's Demon".
Like Maxwell's Demon, it's a filter. Maxwell's demon blocks slow molecules and admits fast ones. Musk's Demon stops all the wrong and bad input, allowing only the right and good to pass, resulting in a Wonderful and Fair Experience for All.
No problem! Elon will fix it, along with AI, algorithms, transparency, and moderation at scale.
For those who may be unfamiliar with some news-reporting terms, the phrase "Hopefully Congress" means "Our elected representatives are about to do something exceptionally clueless and bad, even for them".
I think it will implode because 80% of the people trying to sign up now are just waiting to troll the site itself. The site will spend 95% of its time banning users and the other 5% recovering from crashes.
As long as we're invoking Federal law to justify robbing vehicles, perhaps the Fourth Amendment should get a look in?