Techdirt

by Mike Masnick

Filed Under:
email, t-shirts, techdirt

Some New Techdirt T-Shirts (And Hoodies, And More...)

from the i'm-spartacus dept

I Invented Email

New Gear From Techdirt: I Invented Email »

Okay, it's been a long time since we ran some t-shirt campaigns around here, and we've been hard at work on some new designs that we think you'll enjoy. First up, we've got one that we've had a few people asking for: our brand new I Invented Email gear, allowing you to express your opinion on certain events. Separate from that, we've got some brand new Techdirt logo gear in two styles. Check 'em out. The email t-shirts are only available for a limited time, so get them while they're here.

I Invented Email

Reader Comments

View by: Time | Thread

• identicon
    I.T. Guy, 10 Feb 2017 @ 10:26am

ROFL!!!
    [Wiping tearing eyes]
    I... love you guys.

• icon
    Ehud Gavron (profile), 10 Feb 2017 @ 10:34am

This isn't funny. I did invent it.

I've been called "E-Male" (because my friends call me "E" for Ehud) for a long long time.

That dash between E and Male is just there to make it clear that don't call me Ehmolly. It's E Male.

Don't be hating on me because I come from a foreign country or have a name you think is funny. I'm still Emale. I wanted to get a patent on it but they didn't have any when I was born on Possible Future Nicknames™. I wanted to get a trademark but I wasn't using it in commerce. I wanted to get a copyright but nowadays everything's covered by copyright so I FREAKING HAVE ONE.

Emale. ©1980-2017 Ehud "Emale" Gavron

Please correct the spelling on the shirts you're sending me. I ordered two.

Thanks!

E

• icon
    Rabbit80 (profile), 10 Feb 2017 @ 10:58am

International shipping

I want the mug, but the shipping cost is way too high for me!

• identicon
    Anonymous Coward, 10 Feb 2017 @ 11:03am

Who ever said that attorneys lack a sense of humor???

• identicon
    Anonymous Krogan, 10 Feb 2017 @ 11:31am

You're carrying a quad, human. Sure you're not a krogan?

• identicon
    TMC, 10 Feb 2017 @ 12:01pm

I would have preferred it with a graphic on the backside that said "...and Shiva Ayyudurai did not" but I'll take what I can get.

• icon
    Mononymous Tim (profile), 10 Feb 2017 @ 1:39pm

Oh great, now everyone's claiming they invented email.

• icon
    OldMugwump (profile), 10 Feb 2017 @ 1:48pm

I can't stand people who claim credit for the work of others

Just ordered 2 shirts and the coffee mug.

There is a special place in hell for people like Shiva Ayyadurai who claim credit for the work of others.

I personally used email before he claims to have invented it. (Yeah, I'm not "old" mugwump for nothing.)

• icon
    timlash (profile), 10 Feb 2017 @ 3:12pm

Thanks Techdirt!

Hoodie and a mug for me. Keep up the good fight!

• icon
    That One Guy (profile), 10 Feb 2017 @ 6:29pm

First time I've ever picked up some physical TD gear, but with a shirt like this how could I not?

• identicon
    Anonymous Coward, 11 Feb 2017 @ 11:59am

I've been in the market for a new coffee cup, and this is the perfect opportunity to do some good and solve that problem, but Teespring's payment system is so thoroughly amateurish and problematic that if it wasn't TD using them, I'd swear it was a scam outfit.

Multiple unspecific rejections after the order supposedly clears, and their idea of correcting the payment info is to place the order all over again and re-entering everything.

Sent them a CS message. Hopefully they'll get their act together before the campaign closes.

Posting here so there's a record of their competence.

• identicon
    Anonymous Coward, 11 Feb 2017 @ 3:38pm

You guys are amazing. Buying both shirts today and maybe even a sticker.

• identicon
    Anonymous Coward, 12 Feb 2017 @ 2:52am

Oh i gotta get me one of those!

• identicon
    saad naeem, 21 Feb 2017 @ 2:29pm

amazing design and can be used for branding. Getting them both tshirts and stickers.

Saad