by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jul 18th 2011 3:44am
Back in May, the big record labels settled with Limewire for $105 million. We questioned how much of that money would make it to artists... but there's a separate question too: what about the indie labels who weren't a part of the lawsuit. Apparently, the labels had asked indie labels to stay out of the lawsuit, and Limewire made a promise that it would offer similar settlement terms to those indies. Apparently, that hasn't happened.. and so the indies are suing Limewire as well. I'd be surprised if this didn't settle relatively quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Gear: Copying Is Not Theft
- France Passes Copyright Law Demanding Royalties For Every Image Search Engines Index Online
- Newspaper Archive Disappears From Google, Because Company Wants To Cash In
- Movie Studios Suddenly Drop Lawsuit Against Limewire
- RIAA To Congress: We're Finally Innovating... Now Go Shut Down Pirate Sites