by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jul 18th 2011 3:44am
Back in May, the big record labels settled with Limewire for $105 million. We questioned how much of that money would make it to artists... but there's a separate question too: what about the indie labels who weren't a part of the lawsuit. Apparently, the labels had asked indie labels to stay out of the lawsuit, and Limewire made a promise that it would offer similar settlement terms to those indies. Apparently, that hasn't happened.. and so the indies are suing Limewire as well. I'd be surprised if this didn't settle relatively quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Amazon, Cable Industry Molest The Definition Of Copyright In Ongoing Scuff Up Over Cable Box Reform
- Kickass Torrents Gets The Megaupload Treatment: Site Seized, Owner Arrested And Charged With Criminal Infringement
- Paris Court Says Search Engines Don't Need To Block Torrent Searches
- Movie Studios Suddenly Drop Lawsuit Against Limewire
- RIAA To Congress: We're Finally Innovating... Now Go Shut Down Pirate Sites