by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jun 29th 2011 4:30pm
Despite a recent UN report that condemns the idea of kicking people off the internet as a civil rights violation, a court in Finland has agreed with a request by the record labels to kick three accused files sharers off the internet with no notice at all. This isn't three strikes. It's basically one-strike. Record labels accuse... court tells ISP to kick them off. I'm so sure that'll make people start buying music again.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Canadian Court: Yes, We Can Order Google To Block Websites Globally
- Torrent Madness: UK Cybercrime Official Argues That File Sharing Is A Gateway Drug To Crime
- Insanity Rules In Ireland: Media Ordered Not To Report On Parliamentary Speech
- Mozilla: If Facebook Really Wants To Help Developing Nations, It Should Ignore Zero Rating And Fund Real Internet Access
- DailyDirt: No More Teaching To The Test?