by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 17th 2011 12:57pm
It's been fascinating to watch the back and forth discussions about Bitcoin. The big story recently was the supposed "theft" of $500,000 worth of Bitcoins. But, perhaps a lot more interesting is the report of new malware specifically targeting Bitcoins. The malware specifically looks for a Bitcoin wallet, which it then looks to email to a specific server. Among the many concerns people have raised about Bitcoins, this one hadn't received that much attention earlier, but could potentially scare a lot of people. The lack of traceability is one of the selling points, but it also has a downside in these types of situations.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Researcher: 90% Of 'Smart' TVs Can Be Compromised Remotely
- Judge Says FBI's NIT Warrant Invalid, Points Out FBI Agent Knew It Was Invalid When He Requested It
- Judge: FBI's NIT Warrant Invalid And IP Addresses Do Have An Expectation Of Privacy, But No Suppression Granted
- Ransomware Attack Left DC Police Surveillance Blind Shortly Before The Innauguration
- Malware Purveyor Serving Up Ransomware Via Bogus ICANN Blacklist Removal Emails