by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jun 15th 2011 10:25am
We recently noted that Homeland Security's ICE group appeared to be stalling in responding to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request from Michael Robertson's NakedGovernment. It turns out that's not the only such request it's been stalling on. The folks over at Muckrock (who helped us with our own FOIA requests), alert us to the news that Aaron Swartz, the director of Demand Progress (the organization that the MPAA has been trying to smear with false accusations), filed a similar FOIA request at about the same time. There were apparently some issues with it, but those issues were resolved in February... and since then, not a peep out of ICE.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DHS/ICE Knew Its World Series 'Panty Raid' Was A Bad Idea; Pressured To Do So Anyway
- Appeals Court Tells Government It Must Extend Educational Institution FOIA Fee Price Break To Students
- Homeland Security Has Not Sent Us A Subpoena
- Speak Out Against CISPA: Join The Twitter Campaign And Contact Your Representative
- US Chamber Of Commerce So Clueless It Thinks You Have To Be 'Anti-IP' To Be Against E-PARASITE Bill